Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 2014 Favorites

It seems like my blog would be a perfect place to discuss my January favorites, at least what I've been using everyday.


Primer. One of the ultimate steps to a face. Since I've run out of my Benefit Porefessional, I've recently been trying the Icing Face Primer in both pink and yellow. The pink has an awful smell but I imagine it goes away after applying foundation. I don't know I haven't asked anyone to smell my face after using. As for the yellow one, I haven't noticed a particular smell, just that it is much more pleasant than the pink one. They retail for I think $8 but I got both for $1.25 each. The only downside is they make your face feel kind of slick, I would let these dry before applying foundation.


Eye Primer. Recently I've been using my NYX Eye Base as well as my Stay Don't Stray by Benefit. My NYX eye primer always seemed to work well for me, but I think by now I am too used to Urban Decay Primer Potions in Sin, Eden, and Original. Recently they've changed Stay Don't Stray to include a doughfoot applicator instead of a pump; I unfortunately own the pump version, which I got in the Benefit Pretty Committee set (along with Bella Bamba, mini High Beam, and Eye Bright pencil). The formula has made the product clumpy/or watery. Rubbed between the fingers makes it work.


Foundation. I realized that my foundation doesn't match my skin tone. Neither does my tinted moisturizer. So I decided to combine the two and that seems to make a nice compromise, when blended A LOT. I use the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation in Nude, and the Wet N' Wild Tinted Moisturizer in Natural.


Concealer. Recently I've been using my NYX Above Average Concealer in Beige. It's alright. It works but beige is too orange for my skin tone.


Blush. Bella Bamba Blush is my life! I've been trying my cream blushes lately; my NYX Cream Rouge blush in Hot Pink went on spotty. My Plum Wine Maybelline Bouncy Blush went on too harsh today. I think I will stick with Bella Bamba at least for a while.


Eyeliners. Stila Smudge Sticks!! I've been given the Stila Artist Signature Set for Christmas, which I don't think a lot of people know about at all. It was a $200 price, for a $600 value. I love it, a lot of people don't think it was a good deal. I'll give an explanation of the kit at the end of the blog post. My favorite smudge sticks are Tetra (shimmer purple) , Moray (olive green), Blue Ribbon (light navy blue), Lionfish (shimmer rich brown) , and Stingray (black with glitter).


Mascara. Bare Escentuals! For Sephora's Cyber Monday Sale, I got the Cyber Monday Bag, and it came with this and the other mascara I'm going to talk about. Bare Escentuals Buxom Mascara in Black Noir is PERFECT for separating! I love it as a first mascara. The second mascara is LancĂ´me Hypnose Star. I like the volume this mascara gives. If I want to pop a little of fun into my look, I use my Colorful Lashes Mascara my sister gave me from H&M. It's a lilac-silvery-purple color.


Eyeshadow. Victoria's Secret palette my brother got me for Christmas ($32). Fun to play with. The Clinique Party Eyes Palette my grandparents got me for Christmas. There are blues, purple, black, silver, and a copper-gold amongst other shades. The Stila Artist Signature kit came with 12 eyeshadows (yes including kitten) that rival the looks of the Naked palette by Urban Decay. Also my 3 MAC eyeshadows my half-sister Brianna gave me (Amber Lights, Woodwinked, and Humid).


Lips. I swear it's the month for Stila. The Stila Artist Signature Set came with 15 lip glazes. Add that to the 3 I already have, 18 lip glazes! Many many different shades which I love :)




Stila Artist Signature Set. 3 Smudge Crayons, 8 Smudge Sticks, 15 lip glazes, 4 blushes, and 12 eyeshadows. This warrants its own blog post, coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment